Monday, May 2, 2011

An Assortment of Drawings for Your Viewing Pleasure

I was going through my sketchbooks when I found some old, forgotten drawings that I thought I would share. It was through this retrospective view of my work that I noticed some trends in the way I develop visual ideas. My drawings are often oriented around detailed landscapes, illusions of nature, and birdlike imagery. These themes tend to flow into a lot of the images I create. Below is a small collection of those works.
On a side note, I also stumbled upon an old drawing from high school that recaptured my imagination. The drawing is of a self proclaimed gangsta rapper, drinking oil out of a chalice to prove his merit. Black gold grillz, anyone?

Son of Abess sketchbook

Son of Abess Moleskine pocket sketchbook

1 comment: