Tuesday, March 1, 2011

deviantART and ink

If you have never heard of the deviantART art community then now is the time to check them out. I've been a member of deviantART for four years now and I must stand by the website as one of my favorite spots to browse artwork. DeviantArt is home to thousands of career and amateur artists and if the collections of Gothic-style nude art and fanime throw you off, then don't be deterred just yet, because there is plenty of depth to this site. I would recommend starting at the Daily Deviations where the community admins feature a list of works that are updated every day.
And while you are there, check out my profile!

Here is a look into my sketch pad where I use pencil and ink to produce the base images for many of my digitally finished pieces. These two drawings are concepts that I am producing for two different Purchase College bands. The bands are Wool Over Eyes and Demovore and their separate forms of metal are heavy and unique. Check back soon for the finished products and links to both of the bands' websites.

An ink drawing for progressive metal band Wool Over Eyes

An ink drawing for death metal band Demovore

No comments:

Post a Comment